Encrypted chat and email
“Terrorism isn’t about means, but about ends. It’s not about the technology but about the anger, the ignorance that holds a firm grip over the actor’s mind.”
Yes, the government (many governments) have stuff on you. Name, social, likes, dislikes (thanks facebook!). But you can do a little to hinder their efforts. Here’s my top 5 things you should do to make it more difficult for the powers that be to collect and use you. Remember McCarthyism? Neither do I, and therein lies the problem.
1. VPN your communications. PIA is a great program. Use it. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ Never login to the internet without it. Seriously.
2. TOR may or may not be broken, depending on the exit node you are forced through. But it’s still better than nothing. Use it. https://www.torproject.org/ Get it people. Stop giving them everything!
3. Stop telling everyone about your self. You love God? Keep it to yourself. Hate God? Same thing. I’m so guilty of this. Stop it now, stop it forever. http://www.motherjones.com/media/2013/10/facebook-personal-data-online-privacy-social-norm
4. Stop thinking in terms of popularity online. Online popularity is for weak minded people who crave validation. Be an individual. Stop comparing yourself to others.
5. Never share anything you wouldn’t want the world to know. That includes the CIA, NSA, FBI, and any current task force against terrorism. Really read the Patriot act. Understand it. It’s devastating, it’s the scariest thing ever. https://epic.org/privacy/terrorism/hr3162.html